Recipe by weekend cooker
For the vegetarian. Pizza with fresh vegetables, and no meat.
Top Review by DeeVaFoodie
An absolute specimen of pure beauty, this pizza could easily be the best pizza I have ever made or had. I used mini sweet peppers and red onion along with the fresh corn and garlic. I also used cherry tomatoes as those were the only ones I had on hand. I highly recommend to anyone and everyone to make this pizza! It really is that wonderful! Excellent recipe weekend cooker, thank you for posting!
ETA: I forgot to mention that I made my own homemade thin and crispy pizza crust for this.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups thinly sliced onions
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 cups thinly sliced red bell peppers
- 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh corn kernel, about 2 ears
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) refrigerated fresh pizza dough
- 5 ounces thinly sliced mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1⁄3 cup fresh basil leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees, and position an oven rack in the next to lowest setting.
- Place a 16 inch pizza pan on the rack.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, and add olive oil to pan and swirl to coat.
- Add 2 cups onion and thyme to pan, cook 3 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add bell pepper, and garlic to pan, cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated.
- Roll dough into a 16 inch circle on a lightly floured surface.
- Remove pan from oven, and coat with cooking spray.
- Place dough in pan, and arrange mozzerella slices evenly over dough.
- Spread corn mixture evenly over cheese, and top with Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 23 minutes.
- Arrange tomatoes evenly over pizza, and bake an additional 5 minutes or until crust is browned.
- Remove from oven, and sprinkle with basil.
- Cut into 6 slices.