For the vegetarian. Pizza with fresh vegetables, and no meat.
Make and share this The Farmers Vegetarian Pizza recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups thinly sliced onions
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 cups thinly sliced red bell peppers
- 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh corn kernel, about 2 ears
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) refrigerated fresh pizza dough
- 5 ounces thinly sliced mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1⁄3 cup fresh basil leaf
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees, and position an oven rack in the next to lowest setting.
- Place a 16 inch pizza pan on the rack.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, and add olive oil to pan and swirl to coat.
- Add 2 cups onion and thyme to pan, cook 3 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add bell pepper, and garlic to pan, cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated.
- Roll dough into a 16 inch circle on a lightly floured surface.
- Remove pan from oven, and coat with cooking spray.
- Place dough in pan, and arrange mozzerella slices evenly over dough.
- Spread corn mixture evenly over cheese, and top with Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 23 minutes.
- Arrange tomatoes evenly over pizza, and bake an additional 5 minutes or until crust is browned.
- Remove from oven, and sprinkle with basil.
- Cut into 6 slices.