Recipe by cinnamin
The cookies my brothers and I would make with my mom when we were little and that are still made in my family today. Our staple recipe for a cookie craving. Excellent warm with a big glass of milk! We usually double the recipe when we make these since they go so fast. Dough can be kept in the fridge for at least a week so that you can bake cookies as you want them and always have them at the nice, gooey, fresh out of the oven stage... Actual yield depends on how large you like to make 'em.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup softened butter
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (6 ounce) package chocolate chips (or m&ms!)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts (we use a nut grinder)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Grease cookie sheets.
- Mix dry ingredients together, set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix wet ingredients.
- Gradually add dry to wet.
- Stir in nuts and chocolate.
- Form cookies into balls (heaping tablespoon, or sometimes we like to make smaller mini cookies).
- Bake around 10-12 minutes or until done. Keep an eye on your cookies while they bake, smaller ones take less time (around 8 min).
- Cool on wire wrack or on paper towels.