Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Dale pinnock the medicinal chef"
- 1 red onion, minced
- 1 green chili pepper, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 inches piece gingerroot, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, diced skins left on
- 1 pint shiitake mushroom, sliced
- 2 handfuls goji berries
- vegetable stock, to cover
- salt and black pepper
- Put the onion Chile garlic and ginger in a large pan with Olive oil. Cook over med high heat for 5 mins, until the onion softens.
- Add the sweet potatoes and mushrooms to the pan along with the gogi berries. Stir well and add enough vegetable stock to cover all the ingredients.
- Simmer well for 10-15 mins, until the potato is soft. Season with salt and pepper.
- Carefully add soup to blender in batches and blend till smooth, it will be bright orange color, and a bit spicy soup to help battle the flu.