Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is one of my favorite recipes; adapted from Giada DeLaurentis. You can use dried herbs if you must; use about 1/3 of the fresh amounts listed.
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 9.85 ml fresh thyme (chopped)
- 9.85 ml fresh rosemary (chopped)
- 9.85 ml fresh flat leaf parsley (chopped)
- 680.38 g chicken breasts
- 9.85 ml salt
- 4.92 ml pepper
- 354.88 ml spaghetti sauce
- 118.29 ml mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 59.16 ml parmesan cheese (grated)
- 29.58 ml unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees.
- Pound the chicken breasts to about 1/4 thickness.
- In a small bowl, stir the oil and herbs to blend.
- Brush both sides of the chicken with the blended oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat oven-proof pan over high heat. Add the chicken and cook until just brown, about 2 minutes per side. Chicken should be nearly cooked through.
- Remove from the heat.
- Spoon the spaghetti sauce over the chicken, top with mozzarella and sprinkle with parmesan.
- Dot the tops with butter pieces, and bake until the cheese melts and the chicken is cooked through; about 5 minutes.
What a wonderful recipe, Cooks4_6. Finishing it all off in the oven kept the chicken really moist, and the mix of herbs was positively heavenly in this recipe. We really enjoyed it. And it goes together so quickly, so it's something I could easily manage even on a busy evening. We like a lot of cheese, so I added a sprinkling of extra mozzarella just before serving. Thank you for sharing your recipe. Made for the Best of 2013 tag game.
One of my favorite recipes now too! The herb combination and finishing in the oven makes this taste like something you'd get at a small Italian restaurant with secret family recipes. Next time I will be sure to use thin chicken cutlets or slice the breast in half width-wise. Even though I pounded them, the chicken breasts I used were too thick and took a long time to cook.
Great "normal" chicken, declared DH. This is sure to repeat at our dinner table because it's easy and full of herby flavor. Made for Best of 2013 tag, based on FLKeysJen's recommendation.