1/4 Photos of The Everyday Italian Chicken Parmesan
This is one of my favorite recipes; adapted from Giada DeLaurentis. You can use dried herbs if you must; use about 1/3 of the fresh amounts listed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons fresh flat leaf parsley (chopped)
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese (grated)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1Preheat the oven to 500 degrees.
- 2Pound the chicken breasts to about 1/4 thickness.
- 3In a small bowl, stir the oil and herbs to blend.
- 4Brush both sides of the chicken with the blended oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 5Heat oven-proof pan over high heat. Add the chicken and cook until just brown, about 2 minutes per side. Chicken should be nearly cooked through.
- 6Remove from the heat.
- 7Spoon the spaghetti sauce over the chicken, top with mozzarella and sprinkle with parmesan.
- 8Dot the tops with butter pieces, and bake until the cheese melts and the chicken is cooked through; about 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top High Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All High Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Everyday Italian Chicken Parmesan
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 511.2
- Calories from Fat 307
- Total Fat 34.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 140.6 mg
- Sodium 1632.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 41.5 g