Recipe by Cook4_6
This is one of my favorite recipes; adapted from Giada DeLaurentis. You can use dried herbs if you must; use about 1/3 of the fresh amounts listed.
Top Review by NorthwestGal
What a wonderful recipe, Cooks4_6. Finishing it all off in the oven kept the chicken really moist, and the mix of herbs was positively heavenly in this recipe. We really enjoyed it. And it goes together so quickly, so it's something I could easily manage even on a busy evening. We like a lot of cheese, so I added a sprinkling of extra mozzarella just before serving. Thank you for sharing your recipe. Made for the Best of 2013 tag game.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons fresh flat leaf parsley (chopped)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese (grated)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees.
- Pound the chicken breasts to about 1/4 thickness.
- In a small bowl, stir the oil and herbs to blend.
- Brush both sides of the chicken with the blended oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat oven-proof pan over high heat. Add the chicken and cook until just brown, about 2 minutes per side. Chicken should be nearly cooked through.
- Remove from the heat.
- Spoon the spaghetti sauce over the chicken, top with mozzarella and sprinkle with parmesan.
- Dot the tops with butter pieces, and bake until the cheese melts and the chicken is cooked through; about 5 minutes.