Recipe by Pardeemom
This oatmeal cookie is a crumbly-crunchy. If you're not a raisin lover, leave them out.
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup pecans, chopped (or walnuts)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 325. Line cookie sheets with parchment.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the sugars, butter, shortening, salt, baking powder, spices and vanilla, beating until smooth.
- Beat in the egg.
- Stir in the oats and flour, then the raisins and nuts.
- Drop the dough by the tablespoonful onto the prepared cookie sheets. Using the flat bottom of a drinking glass dipped in sugar, flatten each ball of dough to about 1/4 inch.
- Bake the cookes for about 20 minutes, until they're golden brown; these are supposed to be crunchy, so don't underbake them.
- Remove them from the oven and transfer to a rack to cool.