Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
King Arthur Flour Cookie Companion
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup dark brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar or 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1⁄4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F; lightly grease two baking sheets.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter, sugars, corn syrup, and vinegar together; then beat in the eggs.
- Beat in the vanilla, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Stir in the flour and chocolate chips.
- Drop the dough by the tablespoonful onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until they are just set; the centers may still look a bit underdone.
- Remove them from the oven; transfer to a rack to cool.
Nice and soft cookies. My boys loved them. Even though I am a chocolate lover, I felt like 3 cups of chocolate chips was a little overkill. I'm going to use a little less next time because I felt like it was more chip than dough in the cookies. Took the batch to my son's Special Olympics Swim Team End of Season party, and came home with an empty platter!
Great cookies! I didn't have light corn syrup so subbed dark corn syrup. Cookies stayed "bendy" even after being stored. King Arthur Flour recipes are always good, thanks for sharing!
These are a great choco=chip cookie recipe, Parde..thanks for posting. I didn't use KingArthur Flour as I've never heard of it, but hoping it didn't make a huge difference. Made for NewCookBookTag~