Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 mins
This is said to be Elvis's favorite sandwich and I know I love it.
Make and share this The Elvis recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat a grill or griddle over medium heat.
- Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread.Spread the peanut butter on the other side of each slice of bread.
- Slice the banana lengthwise to make 4 thin pieces and place on top of peanut butter on one slice of bread.Top with bacon slices and thendrizzle with honey.
- Place the sandwich on the griddle and cook about 3 minutes on each side until golden brown and crispy.
- Slice in half and serve and enjoy.
I've been wanting to try this sandwich for years, and I finally got around to it!! I found it to be very tasty but I wouldn't make it again. I'd eat it again if someone offered it to me, but it's just not my preferred type of sandwich so I probably will never make it again. It is such a fun sandwich, though, and I did really enjoy it while it lasted.
I always loved Elvis when I was growing up. I think mostly because Mom did. I knew of this sandwich but never knew about the bacon. It taste really good and there is nothing wrong with it the way it is, but I think I will have the bacon on the side next time, if I have bacon at all. My 4 year old seems to really like it too! Thank you sunshine-for the keeper!
I've never had anything like this before, though I've heard of peanut butter and banana sandwiches. It was really quite tasty. I think the only thing I would change would be to break the bacon up into bits to make it easier to eat. Thank you sunshine!!!