Recipe by twissis
This unique recipe was originally titled "Alaska Crab Wrap Sandwich" (Source: Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute). It was intended to be a main course for 4, but crab is expensive here & not readily available, so I adapted it as a starter course for 8 using shrimp, amended it slightly and renamed it "The Elegant Wrap".
Top Review by Teddy's Mommy
Mmm!! Tasty! I halved the recipe, used whole grain "wraps" instead of tortillas, left out the dill, and added 1 tsp minced shallots. The flavor of the brie and shrimp melted together was FANTASTIC! Positively a do over!
- 1 lb shrimp (cooked and diced)
- 4 (8 inch) flour tortillas (warmed)
- 6 ounces brie cheese (ripe and diced)
- 2 2⁄3 cups mixed greens
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes (seeds removed and diced)
- 4 slices crisp cooked bacon
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine mayonnaise, lemon juice and fresh dill. Set aside.
- Place shrimp and Brie cheese in a non-stick sauté pan. Warm over medium heat till shrimp is warm and the Brie begins to melt.
- Lay out the 4 warmed tortillas. Top each with 1/4 of the shrimp and Brie mixture, 2/3 cup mixed greens, 1/4 of the diced tomato and 1 slice of bacon (crumbled).
- Roll up, cut in half on the bias, garnish with crisp cucumber slices + a lemon wedge and serve immediately with the mayonnaise sauce optional.