Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This unique recipe was originally titled "Alaska Crab Wrap Sandwich" (Source: Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute). It was intended to be a main course for 4, but crab is expensive here & not readily available, so I adapted it as a starter course for 8 using shrimp, amended it slightly and renamed it "The Elegant Wrap".
- 1 lb shrimp (cooked and diced)
- 4 (8 inch) flour tortillas (warmed)
- 6 ounces brie cheese (ripe and diced)
- 2 2⁄3 cups mixed greens
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes (seeds removed and diced)
- 4 slices crisp cooked bacon
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill
- Combine mayonnaise, lemon juice and fresh dill. Set aside.
- Place shrimp and Brie cheese in a non-stick sauté pan. Warm over medium heat till shrimp is warm and the Brie begins to melt.
- Lay out the 4 warmed tortillas. Top each with 1/4 of the shrimp and Brie mixture, 2/3 cup mixed greens, 1/4 of the diced tomato and 1 slice of bacon (crumbled).
- Roll up, cut in half on the bias, garnish with crisp cucumber slices + a lemon wedge and serve immediately with the mayonnaise sauce optional.
Mmm!! Tasty! I halved the recipe, used whole grain "wraps" instead of tortillas, left out the dill, and added 1 tsp minced shallots. The flavor of the brie and shrimp melted together was FANTASTIC! Positively a do over!
Upon my first bite I died and went to heaven...then came back down really quick to polish off the rest. I stuck to the recipe except for the use of dill in the sauce, simply because I didn't have any. The family adored this, too. Not one morsel had remained on their plates.
Oh my, Oh my! I relished every bite of this wrap. The only problem is you won't be able to stop after just eating half of the wrap- it's so good you'll eat the whole thing! Oh well, it's worth every single calorie! I did follow the directions exactly and there wasn't any problem at all! Thanks Twissis- Loved this!