Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 hrs
This recipe is from the mother of a Swedish friend of mine, who I stayed with in Jarfalla, Stockholm a few years ago. I think I remember it as a Swedish recipe - I definitely remember eating too much of it! I have kept the wording as it is written, as I like it that way : ) . Cooking time is actually freezing time.
- 6 digestive biscuits
- 300 ml cream
- 600 ml creme fraiche (she has written that 500 ml also ok)
- 3 eggs, separated
- 200 ml sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- Mix the yolk, sugar, and vanilla sugar until white and puffy. Grate the lemon over and press the juice into the mixture, then the creme fraiche.
- Make the cream thick as well as the egg white - separately. The egg white should be added as the last thing.
- The biscuits should be pounded, 3 at a time. Half the biscuit crumbs are put evenly on the bottom of a cake form with a loose outer brim. The other half on the top of the cake.
- Should be freezed for at least 4 hours before it has hardened enough!