Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Per serving: 264 calories, 7g fat
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 (6 ounce) cans chunk light tuna, drained
- 1 medium shallot, minced (2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- hot sauce, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat broiler; toast bread in a toaster.
- In a bowl, combine tuna, shallot, mayo, lemon juice, parsley, salt, hot sauce, and pepper.
- Spread ¼ cup of mixture on each slice of toast; top with tomato slices and 2 tablespoons cheese.
- Place sandwiches on a baking sheet and broil until the cheese is bubbling and golden brown, 3-5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.