Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 mins
Little cakes made not in an oven but in a nonstick sandwich maker. Kids just love them as they interesting to look at and are yummy as well ! I generally use cooking oil (olive) but any other oil will do too. If one wants to use butter the same amount of butter will be just fine.
- 1 cup oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups self raising flour
- 4 eggs
- 2 -3 drops vanilla essence
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- Whisk everything together except for the chocolate chips.
- If the batter is too thick adding 1/2 a cup of milk would help.
- Heat your sandwich maker, when heated spoon the batter on each depression, sprinkle a few chocolate chips and close the lid.
- The mini-cakes will be ready in 3-4 minutes.
- Repeat the procedure till the batter is used up.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Decorating the little cakes with jam &/cream would make it more appealing for kids' tea party.