Prep 2 mins
Cook 28 mins
Use BASMATI rice only--do not substitute
- Pour water into a medium pot.
- Add rice and salt.
- Cook on high heat uncovered, bring to a boil and boil until the top starts to look dry and holes are visible, about 8 minutes.
- Lower heat to the lowest setting you've got and cook covered for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and leave covered for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and enjoy.
I have not been able to make Basmati rice until now. Not even with my Persian friend's help! Thank You!!!
This is a basic white rice that goes with virtually every meal. I used it as a side with Recipe #155203 and steamed green beans. Leftovers worked well to create Recipe #142418.
Thank you! This was the perfect easy recipe for my first time at cooking Basmati rice. It turned out perfectly and the entire family loved it!