Prep 2 mins
Cook 28 mins
Use BASMATI rice only--do not substitute
- Pour water into a medium pot.
- Add rice and salt.
- Cook on high heat uncovered, bring to a boil and boil until the top starts to look dry and holes are visible, about 8 minutes.
- Lower heat to the lowest setting you've got and cook covered for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and leave covered for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and enjoy.
I have not been able to make Basmati rice until now. Not even with my Persian friend's help! Thank You!!!
Thank you! This was the perfect easy recipe for my first time at cooking Basmati rice. It turned out perfectly and the entire family loved it!