Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
This Spanish rice is the best I've ever had. It is very easy to put together.
- 1⁄2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup long grain rice
- 1 cup salsa (about half of a 16-oz. jar)
- 10 1⁄2 ounces can chicken broth
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan. Stir in the rice and cook two minutes, stirring.
- Stir in the salsa and broth.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, stirring once or twice.
- Until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
I'm so full, I won't be able to eat for days ... OMG, are those cookies? 5 Stars
I made this rice to go with Kittencal's Cottage Cheese Cheddar Enchiladas With Taco Sauce. It is so, so easy to make and the taste is wonderful. My rice was fluffy~not sticky and the salsa gave it a wonderful, spicy taste. My family really enjoyed this side dish. Thanks, Nikki!
This really is EASY to make. I've been looking for a great spanish rice without all the veggies (picky boys) and this one was a hit! I will be making this rice like this alot! I'm so glad I tagged it! It's definitely a *keeper* I served it along side Engrossed's Green Chile Pork Chops and the two were fabulous together. Thanks so much for this one. ~V