1 hr 5 mins
Ex-Pat Mama's Note:
This is a thick delicious completely vegan soup. You can use virtually any vegetables you have in the house. I've written the recipe based on what I used this week, but it always changes - and it is always delicious. The only warning I have is regarding color: if you use a mix of orange veggies and dark green leafies - the soup will taste good, but it will have a fairly revolting color! An immersion blender and a pressure cooker make this soup even easier to prepare, but they are not necessary.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the olive oil in a large dutch oven or pressure cooker. Add the onion and sauté until lightly browned - 6 minutes or so.
- 2Add all the remaining vegetables EXCEPT the garlic. Stir and sauté another 4-6 minutes.
- 3Add the garlic during the last minute of cook time. Adding the garlic at the end prevents it from burning and becoming bitter.
- 4Pour the veggie broth over all. It should just barely cover the veggies if you want a hearty thick soup. If you want something thinner use more broth to fewer vegetables.
- 5I use a pressure cooker, so at this point I close the lid and allow the pressure to increase. I keep it at pressure for about 15 minutes and then allow the pressure to release slowly over time. If you don't use a pressure cooker, simply cover the pot and boil the daylights out of your soup until the veggies are almost mush - 30 to 45 minutes should be good.
- 6When the pressure has released, or the boiling time is over, I use my immersion blender to puree the soup completely. If you don't have an immersion blender you can carefully pour the soup into a regular blender and achieve the same results.
- 7Now ladle yourself a bowl and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Easiest Soup in the World
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 208.1
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 36.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: