1/8 Photos of The Easiest, Simplest Vegan Bread Ever!
2 hrs 50 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
as a college student, i have three goals in mind when it comes to food: cheap, easy, and scrumptious. it doesn't get much better than this. try add-ins like oregano, thyme, and basil. or a pinch of sugar and cinnamon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1in a large bowl mix together flour, salt, and yeast, and form a well in the bottom.
- 2pour in water and add the oil.
- 3with a wooden spoon slowly pull the flour into the liquid until it's fully adsorbed.
- 4work it into a ball with your hands and place on a floured work surface.
- 5the dough should be tacky but not hopelessly sticky. sprinkle flour on the work surface and hands if needed; continue to knead the dough for 5-10 minutes or until the dough becomes elastic.
- 6rinse and grease the large bowl, then place the dough back in it. cover lightly with damp cloth or plastic wrap. let rise in warm place (i usually turn on my oven and place the dough on the stove above it) until double in size (about 1 to 1-1/2 hours).
- 7turn dough back out onto floured surface. punch down and kneed slightly to work out air bubbles.
- 8divide the dough in half, form round loaves and place on lightly oiled pans. preheat oven to 375 and let dough rise 20 more minutes.
- 9bake 30-40 min until crusts golden. you can also throw 1/2 C of water on the bottom coils 10 minutes in for "crustier" bread.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Easiest, Simplest Vegan Bread Ever!
Serving Size: 1 (48 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 104.2
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 175.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 2.7 g