Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Delicious mexican pork stew... this is a mixture of my own and a lady I work with who makes it from scratch... she said that enchilada sauce has pretty much all you need so that is what I used! =) Seriously try it! It is easy and excellent!!!!!!! Serve with tostadas topped with sour cream.... mmmmmm!
- 3 cups cooked pork (shredded or cubed, use more or less if you like and you can also use chicken instead or both)
- 8 cups water
- 7 chicken bouillon cubes (or whatever kind you like)
- 1 chipotle bouillon cube
- 2 (15 ounce) cans enchilada sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) canof mild diced chilies
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans white hominy
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- shredded cabbage
- Cook pork (I cooked it in the crock pot the day before and shredded it and then put one can of enchilada sauce on it and put it in the fridge over night).
- Heat water and add bouillon cubes.
- Add pork, hominy, other can of enchilada sauce, can of chilis, and chili powder.
- Bring to a boil
- Turn down to med low heat and simmer for about an hour or so.