Recipe by Corilayn
This is the best way to cook a roast and it will turn out perfect every time. I've cooked hundreds of roasts over the years, with decent results until I learned the simple trick of the oven temperature. Now the results are decadent! Feel free to use any spices or oil of your choice,and as much as you like. Another important tip is to use a rack or vegetables like onions,carrots,& celery to keep the roast off the bottom of the pan. A meat thermometer is also your best friend in this recipe as you want the internal temp to be 130. Yes, it takes a while to roast but requires no effort. For those that like a crispy outer you can also take the roast out when internal temp is around 118, preheat oven to 500 and pop it back in for an additional 10-15mins...although I find no need for this step. When you cook a roast at this lower temperature the result will be: Evenly cooked from the middle to the edge Melt in your mouth moist Little loss in the size of the roast
- 4 lbs roast, I had a boneless inside round
- 3 tablespoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 1 tablespoon steak spice
- 2 tablespoons oil, I used extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Set roast out and allow to come to room temp,about an hour.
- Preheat oven to 275 (low temp).
- Combine spices in a bowl.
- Rub spices all over the roast.
- Place roast on rack or vegetables in baking dish.
- Drizzle top with oil and rub in.
- Place in oven and turn heat down to 225.
- When internal temp reaches 130, or close to it for more rare results, remove from oven and tent with tinfoil for 15 minutes before carving.
- My roast was perfectly cooked in about 7 hours.
- When using a meat slicer, it makes for perfect sandwiches.