Recipe by Panda Rose
I saw this demonstrated by Rachel Allen on TV yesterday - tried it and adored it. Had to share the recipe and to keep it somewhere safe. Serve it in little glasses to look pretty with cookies or berries. You can replace some of the cream with mild to make it a little lighter.
- 150 ml double cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar (or Splenda if you like it)
- 1⁄2 sheet leaves gelatin
- 1⁄2 vanilla pod
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the cream in a small pan with the sugar and half the vanilla pod until it boils.
- Leave to cool a little.
- Meanwhile soak gelatine leaf until it softens.
- Squeeze excess water out of the gelatine and add to the cooling cream mixture.
- Pour into pretty glasses or dishes to serve.
- Put into fridge to set for aabout 2 hours.
- Take out of the fridge about half an hour before serving as it is best eatedn not too cold.