Recipe by cookingpompom
This takes less than 20 minutes to make from start to finish, serve with rice and a salad. My kids also like this wrapped in a tortilla.
Top Review by lauralie41
Very good chicken dish that I served with another of cookingpompom's recipes, Recipe #484310 #484310. Instead of chicken breast I used tenderloins that I cut into bite size pieces and used mild salsa. This is a quick and easy meal to make and tastes great. Made and reviewed for ZWT8 - 2010.
- 2 chicken breasts (500 g - 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 425 g refried beans
- 1⁄2 cup salsa (mild, medium or hot, you choose)
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop the chicken into even peices (cubes or stir fry strips). Lay the chicken out on a single layer and sprinkle both sides of all the chicken with the cumin.
- Heat the oil in a fry pan and add the chicken. Cook over a medium heat and brown the chicken and let it cook through, the smaller the pieces the faster is cooks.
- Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the beans, salsa and water.
- Simmer for 3 minutes.