Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This cake is very easy. It has no eggs, no butter, no dairy, and is made in the pan you bake it in. Kids can make it. Everyone can eat it. And it's good! Especially with ice cream...
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup artificial sweetener, of your choice (refined white sugar, beet sugar, unrefined sugar, sugar substitute)
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons milk or 4 1⁄2 teaspoons soymilk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a 9 inch round pan or 8-inch square pan.
- Add the rest of the ingredients*excluding the last three* and stir, mixing thoroughly and scraping the sides and bottom of pan well.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for about 35 minutes.
- Run knife around pan edges and turn upside down; tap to release cake.
- Cool completely.
- Mix the last three ingredients together in a plastic ziplock bag by squeezing until uniform.
- Cut the corner of the bag and drizzle icing over cake.
As a diabetic I really enjoyed this cake as did several of my friends. It does not rise very high but flavor is good, topped with Cool Whip, yummy. I will definitely keep this in my file to make again and again. Thanks for recipe. Very easy to make also.