Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
these super simple appetizers disappear fast and I can't help but eat a few while I make them!
Make and share this The Easiest Ham and Cheese Pinwheels recipe from Food.com.
- 12 ounces ham (the square kind)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green onions or 1⁄2 cup chives
- 100 Ritz crackers
- mix the cream chees well with the chives.
- spread the mixture on the ham slices and roll up.
- slice each roll into about 1/3- 1/2 inch slices.
- lay each slice on a ritz cracker and arrange on a platter.
These were good, but thought they missed something... I rolled a sweet gherkin in them and they were over the top! I didn't even bother with the crackers! Thanks! Made for PAC Fall 2012
Just took a plate of these down to the coffee group in my complex and they were very well enjoyed. A bit messy to make but worth the effort - a hint though, pat the ham dry before spreading on the cream cheese. I did buy the already flavored chive and onion lite cream cheese so saved a step there, and assembled them the night before to let them set in the fridge overnight.
Great afternoon pregnancy snack; a little protein, a little cheese and crackers it hit the spot! Used whipped cream cheese since it is easier to spread and sprinkled with chives. Made for 2012 Spring PAC.