Recipe by Troop Angel
I think I saw this on TV one time...I really don't remember! I made this a few years ago, the very first time I made homemade fried chicken, and realized, hey, I can cook! :) But, this really is a super, super easy recipe that tastes like you worked really hard making it! ;) And yes, the batter rises to the top of the peaches!
- 118.29 ml unsalted butter, melted
- 236.59 ml flour
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 14.78 ml baking powder
- 0.25 ml salt
- 236.59 ml milk
- 946.36 ml peeled pitted thinly sliced fresh peaches
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 0.75-1.25 ml cinnamon, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375* F.
- Pour melted butter in a 13x9x2 baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, 1 c sugar, baking powder and salt and mix well.
- Stir in milk, mixing until just combined.
- Pour batter over butter in pan but do not stir.
- In small saucepan, combine peaches, lemon juice, and remaining cup of sugar and bring to boil over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Pour over batter mixture but do not stir.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake in preheated oven 40-45 minutes or until top is golden brown.