Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Another 3 ingredient recipe that only requires one pan. You don't even need to cook the macaroni before you bake this.
- 2 cups whole wheat elbow macaroni
- 4 cups skim milk (I use super skim)
- 3 cups fat-free cheddar cheese (grated)
- Spray 9X 13" pan with cooking spray.
- Put macaroni in pan
- Pour milk over macaroni.
- Top with cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350F for 1 hour.
I had high hopes for this recipe, but was very disappointed. After baking, the surface had an odd pockmarked appearance. The cheese was rubbery and chewy, and there was a watery liquid in the bottom of the dish. The noodles were basically bare...no cheesy sauce developed at all. I can't even imagine what changes to make to bring this recipe up to par. I'm sorry to give a bad review, but I want to save someone else from wasting time and ingredients.