Recipe by QueenB3143
I have no idea if this is even close to how Chinese restaurants actually make egg drop soup, but it tastes VERY similar. You will be shocked how simple this really is. My mom made this a lot and it was one of the first recipes I made myself. Feel free to throw in any leftover spinach, onions, etc. to this recipe.
Top Review by gertc96
This soup was really really good. I have been eating egg drop soup for as long as I can remember and began making it at home last year when DD got sick and I knew she'd eat this. I prepared it this way using chicken broth instead of water and bouillon cubes. I'd also add the soy sauce and eggs. Well, we never tried it with the sugar or the green onions. Last night, I used 2 3/4 cup chicken broth and 2 eggs then added the sugar, soy sauce and green onions. I will have to say the onions put this over the top. We loved it. Thanks so much for sharing. Made for PAC Fall/2008.
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 eggs
- 1 pinch sugar
- soy sauce
- green onion, chopped (optional)
- spinach leaves (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil water with boullien cubes until dissolved.
- Crack eggs into a seperate bowl.
- Whisk eggs with a fork until blended.
- Slowly pour eggs into water, breaking up the pieces with a fork when they hit the water.
- Eggs will cook immediatley once in the water.
- Turn heat on stove to medium/low.
- Add pinch of sugar, drop or two of soy sauce and optional veggies.
- Spoon into bowl and serve.