1/2 Photos of The Easiest Egg Drop Soup
I have no idea if this is even close to how Chinese restaurants actually make egg drop soup, but it tastes VERY similar. You will be shocked how simple this really is. My mom made this a lot and it was one of the first recipes I made myself. Feel free to throw in any leftover spinach, onions, etc. to this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil water with boullien cubes until dissolved.
- 2Crack eggs into a seperate bowl.
- 3Whisk eggs with a fork until blended.
- 4Slowly pour eggs into water, breaking up the pieces with a fork when they hit the water.
- 5Eggs will cook immediatley once in the water.
- 6Turn heat on stove to medium/low.
- 7Add pinch of sugar, drop or two of soy sauce and optional veggies.
- 9Spoon into bowl and serve.
Browse Our Top Egg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Easiest Egg Drop Soup
Serving Size: 1 (350 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 84.1
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 212.0 mg
- Sodium 819.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 6.9 g