Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This recipe was handed down from a family friend. It instantly became a huge hit with family and friends. When your family walks in the door it will smell like you spent the entire day in the kitchen, even though the crock pot did the majority of the work. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I have.
- 1 lb beef stew meat
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed golden mushroom soup
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 1 -16 ounce fresh mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 package of extra wide egg noodles
- In 2 1/2- to 3 1/2-quart slow cooker, mix beef, onion, soup, mushrooms, Worcestershire sauce and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 6-8 hours or until beef is very tender.
- Stir sour cream and room temperature cream cheese into beef mixture.
- Serve over noodles.
I've tasted this recipe and it is VERY GOOD! A coworker brought it in to work and the smell in the office was heavenly! Easy to make and a savory delish dish! Thanks for posting it, barber2010!