Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, cherries, peaches or 1 cup apple
- Note: 1- 41/2 X 81/2 glass casserole dish, approximately size of a loaf pan. For bigger cobblers just double or triple ingredients.
- Cut up and/or wash fruit.
- Fill a glass casserole dish half the way up with the fruit of your choice.
- Mix flour and sugar together.
- Pour dry ingredients over fruit.
- Pour milk over dry ingredients.
- Bake at 350F for 20 minutes, or longer for bigger cobblers.
Wow, was I disappointed. I normally don't give below a 2 star but this one didn't work at all! I picked it because it sounded easy but it didn't work out. No size for the casserole dish to begin with and I cooked it for an hour instead of the stated 20 minutes and it still wasn't done. Sorry I wasted my blueberries on this one!
This was my first time making a cobbler. I was quite surprised with how easy it was and how good it turned out. I used an 8"x11" glass casserole dish, 5 apples, 2 cups of frozen blueberries, and 2 cups each of flour/sugar/milk. I was a bit concerned with the way the milk floated above the flour/sugar mixture, so I crossed my fingers. I baked it for 40 minutes (or until golden brown on top) rotating it one time. The cake-top turned out a bit too sweet, so I'll use less sugar next time. All-in-all, very easy and very tasty...esp with vanilla ice cream :)