Recipe by CraftScout
This is the recipe that convinced me to start taking advantage of cheap whole chicken prices. When I read about it (somewhere on the internet), I couldn't believe it was that easy. I couldn't believe you didn't need any liquid. You don't. Trust me. Better yet, don't trust me - try the recipe for yourself!
Top Review by bmcnichol
I make chicken in the crockpot all the time but had never used italian dressing. This was good and easy to make. I didn't have a chicken with a pop up timer so I followed the recipe and cooked for six hours and this was really dry. I would try four next time.
- 1 roasting chicken
- 1 (2/3 ounce) package dried Italian salad dressing mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Rip off a piece of aluminum foil. Separate into three parts. Roll into three balls. Stick in the bottom of you crockpot ina triangular shape.
- Open chicken. Rinse throughly inside and out. Pull out (or flush out with water) the "stuff" that is inside the carcass. You will not be using any of it for this recipe (dispose of as you wish). Pat chicken dry and place on top on aluminum foil tripod. Sprinkle with dressing mix.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- You really do not need to add any liquid. The chicken will stay moist.