Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I am a mother of 3 young toddlers and LOVE to cook, but don't always have the time for lengthy preparation. I do, however expect the same taste! I look for and create easy recipes that taste magnifico! This is one of my favorites! ***I HAVE RECENTLY ALTERED RECIPE FOR LOWER FAT/CALORIES. IT STILL TASTES GREAT, I ALSO REMOVED THE CORIANDER SINCE SOME PEOPLE WERE NOT FOND OF THAT FLAVOR. PERFECTO!
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cheddar cheese soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can Healthy Request cream of celery soup
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (1 lb) bag low-fat cheddar cheese
- 15 -20 baby red potatoes
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 dash ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 dash thyme
- Pour all 3 cans of soup and evaporated milk into a crock pot and stir well. Turn on crock pot and begin heating.
- Add garlic and all spices.
- Wash and cut potatoes into slices, quarters, or squares -- however you prefer. Pour into soup mixture in crock pot.
- Pour bag of shredded cheese and bake 4 hours on high (may want to boil the potatoes first, drain and add to soup mixture if your crock pot takes a long time to cook potatoes) or 8 hours on low setting (I leave mine on in the morning and it is ready when I come home -- 9 hours later, plenty of time to cook the potatoes soft!).
- Top with a handful of shredded cheese, Green Onions and Bacon Bits if desired!
- Tastes great with Wheat Biscuits, or served in a bread bowl.
- Very yummy!
I made this soup today and was a wee bit disappointed as it received such a great review. It was tasty but had an odd texture;almost curdled. The cheese made a bit of a skin on top that didn't quite incorporate into the soup after stirring.It did taste a lot better than it looked but I wouldn't make it again.
Kassi, this soup is wonderful, and very easy to put together. I left out the coriander, and I omitted the cream of celery soup (I did not have any handy to use) and used 3 cans of cheddar cheese soup, but used all the other ingredients. I made this on top of the stove... (I sauteed the garlic for a couple of minutes first) then added all the remaining ingredients, and left it to simmer for a couple of hours... I'll be serving it tonight topped off with more cheddar cheese (although it is really cheesy enough LOL!)... homemade crescent rolls and a salad. Just the thing for a cool rainy day! thanks for sharing Kassi!...Kittencal:)