Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This cheesecake is one of our favorites. Its easy, cheap and so light and tasty in the summer. We hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
- 1 (20 ounce) boxof shirriff cheesecake mix (or any brand that your grocery store carries)
- 1 (500 ml) container Cool Whip (the large container,thawed in the fridge)
- 1 (18 ounce) canof your favorite pie filling
- Prepare the cheesecake mix as instructed on the box.
- Once the graham cracker crust is completed (I use a medium springform pan for this), and the cheesecake mix is made up, add the tub of thawed Cool Whip to the cheesecake mix.
- Mix together and spread over the graham cracker crust.
- At this point, refrigerate the cake to set.
- Once set, remove the sides of the springform pan.
- Spoon the pie filling of your choice over the top of the cheesecake.
- Serve and enjoy!
this was just ok, it tasted like cheesecake mix, mixed with coolwhip sorry but we were disappointed
This is WONDERFUL!! So light and fluffy! Almost not like a cheesecake at all in that way. I loved the flavour of this. This was my first time using a cheesecake mix and now I ask myself... where have they been all my life?? :) The next time I make this, I am looking forward to being able to share it with family. I will be proud to share this at the next reunion of my fiance's family! Thank you for sharing this!
Who would think 'dessert in a box' could taste so good. This is really good and would also make for the perfect recipe for those unexpected times when you need dessert in a hurry - no ones going to guess how easy! Made this using cherry pie filler - a favorite with cheesecake at our house. Going to be sure to have those ingredients on hand. Thank you for posting!