1/21 Photos of The Easiest, Bestest Focaccia Bread Ever!!
This focaccia bread is sooo easy and tastes wonderful! Tons of herbs and seasonings, and tons of flavor!! Great to make sandwiches with! You can alter the toppings to your liking. I have made this with caramelized onions and sliced tomato on top...Mmmmmm!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 (1/4 ounce) packet active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup warm water (105-115 degrees)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1Mix the yeast and water in a small bowl. Let proof for 10 minutes (until bubbles begin to form).
- 2In large bowl, stir together flour, salt, sugar, garlic powder, oregano, thyme, basil, and black pepper.
- 3Add the yeast mix and vegetable oil to the dry ingredients and combine.
- 4When dough has pulled together, turn out onto lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic.
- 5Lightly oil a large bowl, place dough in bowl, and turn to coat with oil.
- 6Cover with damp cloth and let rise in warm place 25 minutes.
- 7Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 8Punch dough down, place on greased baking sheet.
- 9Pat dough into 1/2-inch thick rectangle (doesn't have to be perfect).
- 10Using your knuckle, make indentations in the dough about 1/2-inch apart, then prick dough with fork.
- 11Brush top with olive oil, then sprinkle with Parmesan and mozzarella cheese.
- 12Bake for 13-15 minutes until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Easiest, Bestest Focaccia Bread Ever!!
Serving Size: 1 (68 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 184.2
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 11.7 mg
- Sodium 296.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 6.6 g