Recipe by Crabbycakes
These are the easiest, best tasting dumplings I have ever had. They are very rich and decadent. People will think you spent all day making these!
Top Review by Scrivener1
This is very tasty. I wanted to double the recipe. I started by doubling the sauce, but I did not double the juice concentrate. I made this in an 8x8 glass baking dish, and then realized I could only fit 2 apples in it. I didn't use the other 2 apples. Also, I used 1/2 baking splenda and 1/2 splenda brown sugar. I would definately make this again. Be sure to eat it the day you make it or the crescent rolls can get mushy. Vanilla ice cream is a must with this recipe because the sauce is so yummy.
- 2 granny smith apples, cored,unpeeled
- 1 can crescent roll
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar (may use 1/2 brown if you prefer)
- 1 can apple juice concentrate
- 1⁄2 teaspoon apple pie spice or 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Put butter, sugar,Apple Pie Spice, and apple juice concentrate into glass pyrex baking dish.
- Microwave until all is melted.
- Mix well.
- Unroll each roll and place a slice of apple in each roll,starting with the largest end.
- Place rolls in the baking dish.
- (put extra apple slices along side the dumplings.) Spoon juice over top of dumplings.
- Bake 20-25 minutes,until apples are tender.
- Spoon sauce over dumplings occasionally as they bake.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or Cool Whip.