Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 hrs
A friend of mine made this soup for a baby shower that I recently attended and everyone loved it! Fritos or tortilla strips and cheddar cheese are optional topping's as well as the sour cream. I like it the best with only sour cream which makes it HEALTHY which is always a major plus! You do not need to pre cook the chicken, just put it in raw OR frozen, which makes it super easy. For spicer soup, get the spicy RoTel tomatoes and/or Medium or Hot Tostitos Salsa but you will find that it has a lot of flavor and is quite spicy for not having to add any extra spices -- SO easy!! I like it the best with one jar of medium and one jar of mild tostitos salsa.
- 2 (10 ounce) cans Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) jars salsa
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans
- 4 chicken breasts
- 8 ounces sour cream
- Put all ingredients in a crock pot.
- Stir until combined.
- Cover and Cook on High for 3 hours and then reduce heat to low for approximately 3-5 more hours. If the chicken has not seperated on it's own, just give it a few shreds with the fork.
- Serve and Top with Sour Cream.
This was great! My husband couldn't stop raving about how wonderful it was. We cut up small strips of soft tortillas and mixed those in with some cheese with each serving. I didn't put beans in because I don't care for them. This is definitely going to be a regular dish in our house. Thanks for sharing!
Wow this was amazing!!!!!!!!!!!! and healthy too! i will be making this over and over! not to mention incredibly easy to make... thanks S.H.E.!!!