1/1 Photo of The Easiest and Best Chicken Tortilla Soup
Our family favorite chicken tortilla soup! Muy delicioso--very delicious--and so simple, quick, and easy to make using pantry items. Less than 45 minutes from start to finish, so a great weeknight meal. I sometimes add a can of petite diced tomatoes plus an extra can of corn to s-t-r-e-t-c-h this soup to feed a few extra guests, or you can simply double the recipe to feed a large group. Season to taste with salt & pepper, cumin and chili powder (I use a pinch of each). Don't skip the fresh garnishes of lime, avocado, cilantro, shredded cheese and sour cream---they really make this soup. This soup makes great leftovers. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 32 ounces chicken stock
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (12 ounce) jar pico de gallo (may use fresh pico de gallo or salsa fresca)
- salt and pepper
- chili powder
- 3 -4 ounces tortilla chips, crumbled
- 1Wash chicken. Place chicken and chicken stock into a 6 or 8 quart stock pot; cover. Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes, until chicken is done.
- 2Remove chicken from pot and place on a cutting board.
- 3Add pico de gallo salsa, corn, black beans and tortilla chips to the stock pot.
- 4Dice chicken and add back into soup. Stir well; bring to a boil and simmer, covered, for 10 to 15 minutes. Season to taste with salt & pepper, cumin and chili powder.
- 5Serve while hot. Also good reheated the next day.
- 6Garnish with a squeeze of fresh lime and your favorite toppings.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Easiest and Best Chicken Tortilla Soup
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 291.1
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 29.7 mg
- Sodium 559.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 19.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pico de gallo