1/3 Photos of The Easiest and Best Caramel Corn I've Ever Made
1 hr 10 mins
Redneck Epicurean's Note:
Oh LORD, have mercy! LOL! This stuff is the kind-of snack you sit down in front of the tv with and you look down and it's all gone! The best part about this recipe is (other than the end product) the fact no candy thermometer is necessary.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 200°.
- 2Spray your largest cookie sheets.
- 3Pop the popcorn in the oil and set aside. I do this in two batches. Place in a very large bowl. (Plastic bowls work really well because the caramel won't stick; you could also spray the bowl with a bit of Pam).
- 4Over medium heat in a heavy saucepan, melt butter and stir in brown sugar, salt and syrup. Bring to a rolling boil.
- 5When it starts to boil, boil a full 5 minutes stirring constantly with a wooden spoon. (I used a plastic spatula and ended up sacrificing it)
- 6Remove from the heat and add the soda. Pour caramel directly on the popcorn and stir to coat completely.
- 7Pour popcorn onto the sheets and bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15-20 minutes. Allow to cool and break into pieces. Store in zip-top bags.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Easiest and Best Caramel Corn I've Ever Made
Serving Size: 1 (865 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2641.5
- Calories from Fat 1267
- Total Fat 140.8 g
- Saturated Fat 80.4 g
- Cholesterol 325.3 mg
- Sodium 3377.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 364.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 309.5 g
- Protein 1.2 g