1/1 Photo of The Dove's Nest White Chili
This is my favorite soup from a restaurant in Waxahachie, Texas called The Dove's Nest. The recipe comes from the restaurant's cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes or 2 (10 ounce) cans tomatoes and green chilies, chopped
- 6 tomatillos, chopped
- 1 medium jalapeno, seeded,minced
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 (7 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 (19 ounce) cans cannellini or 2 (19 ounce) cans great northern beans
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- salt and pepper
- sour cream
- shredded monterey jack cheese
- fried corn tortilla strips
- 1Heat the olive oil in a large stockpot over medium-high heat.
- 2Add the onion.
- 3Saute for 3 to 5 minutes or until softened.
- 4Add the garlic.
- 5Cook for 1 to 2 minutes longer.
- 6Do not brown.
- 7Add the tomatoes, tomatillos and jalapeno.
- 8Cook until the tomatillos are tender, stirring occasionally.
- 9Add the chicken stock, green chilies, chicken, oregano, cumin, cilantro, beans and lime juice.
- 10Cook until heated through, stirring frequently.
- 11Season with salt and pepper.
- 12Ladle the chili into serving bowls.
- 13Serve garnished with a dollop of sour cream, shredded cheese and fried tortilla strips.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Dove's Nest White Chili
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 300.5
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 28.0 mg
- Sodium 124.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.3 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 21.5 g