Another Dove's Nest favorite, from their cookbook. The cookbook says, "During the winter months, this is one of our most popular soups - a chowder hearty enough to be served as a one-course meal." I'm just guessing at prep and cooking time - the cookbook didn't note it, and I've never made the soup myself, just eaten it at the restaurant. It is absolutely delicious, and one of my favorite things that they serve.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of potato soup
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chicken base
- 1 lb bulk sausage, browned
- 2 (17 ounce) cans cream-style corn
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- Saute the onion, red pepper and green pepper in the butter in a large stockpot until tender.
- Add the potato soup, milk, Worcestershire sauce, chicken stock base, sausage, corn, red pepper, cheese and cilantro; mix well.
- Simmer until the cheese is melted, stirring frequently.
- Ladle into soup bowls.