Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Serve with a good french baguette and a quality bottle of Zinfandel for a romantic evening. If we told you where we got the recipe, we'd have to kill you, lol. ;)
- 4 ounces penne, cooked and drained
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 ounces salami, sliced thin and quartered
- 2 ounces pepperoni, sliced thin and quartered
- 2 ounces mushrooms, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 red onion, sliced and cut in half
- 2 ounces olives
- 4 ounces provolone cheese, sliced thin and quartered
- 4 plum tomatoes, cut in halves
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced thick and halved
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 head lettuce, torn
- In a large bowl toss the cooked penne with the oil and vinegar.
- Gently toss in salami, pepperoni, mushrooms, onions, olives, provolone, tomatoes and basil. Season with oregano, salt, and pepper. Serve over a bed of lettuce.
- Alternate arrangement: In a large bowl, toss penne, tomatoes, mushrooms, tomatoes, basil, oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Arrange torn lettuce onto plates; top with pasta mixture.
- Fold the meat and cheeses into rosebuds and arrange decoratively onto the pasta. Place olives into center of rosebuds. Sprinkle all over with oregano and serve.
FANTASTIC! Like a party in your mouth! :) We loved all the combination of flavors and textures and will certainly make this again. Thanks for sharing, 2Bleu! ***Make for PRMR***
We loved this. The textures were great. I liked the pasta. I used baby spinach, but I would like to make it with iceberg next time. This will be a great dish for the summer. Yum.
Very good! I love the combination of meats, cheeses, pasta and herbs. The flavors blend together so well. Thanks for sharing this with all of us. Great summer dish.