Recipe by 2Bleu
Serve with a good french baguette and a quality bottle of Zinfandel for a romantic evening. If we told you where we got the recipe, we'd have to kill you, lol. ;)
Top Review by rickoholic83
FANTASTIC! Like a party in your mouth! :) We loved all the combination of flavors and textures and will certainly make this again. Thanks for sharing, 2Bleu! ***Make for PRMR***
- 4 ounces penne, cooked and drained
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 ounces salami, sliced thin and quartered
- 2 ounces pepperoni, sliced thin and quartered
- 2 ounces mushrooms, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 red onion, sliced and cut in half
- 2 ounces olives
- 4 ounces provolone cheese, sliced thin and quartered
- 4 plum tomatoes, cut in halves
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced thick and halved
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 head lettuce, torn
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl toss the cooked penne with the oil and vinegar.
- Gently toss in salami, pepperoni, mushrooms, onions, olives, provolone, tomatoes and basil. Season with oregano, salt, and pepper. Serve over a bed of lettuce.
- Alternate arrangement: In a large bowl, toss penne, tomatoes, mushrooms, tomatoes, basil, oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Arrange torn lettuce onto plates; top with pasta mixture.
- Fold the meat and cheeses into rosebuds and arrange decoratively onto the pasta. Place olives into center of rosebuds. Sprinkle all over with oregano and serve.