Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 mins
This cookie/candy is proof that the good Lord loves us and wants us all to be happy.
- 1⁄2 cup salted butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 beaten egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cup pitted dates, chopped by hand
- 5 cups sweetened coconut
- Chop dates.
- In a medium sauce pan combine butter, sugar, milk, salt, and egg.
- Cook on medium low stirring constantly for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add vanilla, dates and Rice Krispies; mix well.
- Cool mixture until you can handle it without being burned.
- Roll mixture into little balls then roll in coconut.
- Note: Do not use store-bought chopped dates. You need to chop them yourself from whole pitted dates. To rush cooling, empty contents into a chilled bowl or put them in the freezer. Store these in the fridge or freezer.
These cookies are quite possibly the world's perfect food !