Recipe by Pinay0618
I got this recipe in a newsletter from Latina magazine. It's from Melt Shop in New York.
- 2 tablespoons room temperature salted butter
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 2 ounces grated muenster cheese or 2 ounces sliced muenster cheese
- 1 ounce sliced pickled jalapeno pepper
- 2 thin slices ripe tomatoes
- 2 ounces grated monterey jack pepper cheese or 2 ounces sliced monterey jack pepper cheese
- 10 extra crunchy potato chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter one side of each piece of bread liberally and place buttered side down on a plate.
- Evenly distribute Muenster cheese on one piece of bread.
- Place pickled jalapenos on top of the Muenster, distributing evenly around the sandwich so there are jalapenos in every bite.
- Place two slices of tomato on top of the jalapenos. Evenly top with the pepper jack cheese.
- Close sandwich with the other piece of sour dough (buttered side facing out) and place in a heated skillet. Place steak weight or heavy plate on top of the sandwich and press lightly.
- Check after 2 to 3 minutes (should be lightly toasted and golden). Flip sandwich to toast other side until golden, approximately 2 minutes.
- Check the inside of the sandwich to make sure all of the cheese is melted. When sandwich is finished on stove, remove and set aside on cutting board. Open up top of sandwich, add potato chips, close sandwich, and cut in half. Serve immediately to ensure the best crunchiness.