Prep 5 hrs 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 3 lbs large raw shrimp, unpeeled
- milk, for soaking
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 jar barbecue sauce
- 4 fluid ounces ketchup
- 2 fluid ounces Frank's red hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- Wash shrimp in ice-cold water and remove heads if needed.
- Soak shrimp in milk overnight.
- Mix the sauces and pepper in an aptly-named saucepan and stir until boiling.
- Remove from the heat and refrigerate for at least four hours.
- Drain the milk from the shrimp, place them in a baking pan, and cover evenly with the sauce.
- Let stand for 1 hour.
- Bake uncovered in a 450°F degree oven for 15 minutes (less time for smaller shrimp).