Recipe by Karen From Colorado
Sinfully hot! These wings start out a little on the sweet side and then the heat sneaks up and bites you in the $%# ($%# was not what I was saying in my mind, but since this is a family site and all that). Dipping them in Ranch or Bleu Cheese dressing will ease the heat for those of you that can't take it. It also just tastes good.
- 3 lbs chicken wings
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup Tabasco sauce
- 3 tablespoons TABASCO® brand Chipotle Pepper Sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce
- cooking oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut wings into pieces discarding tips.
- Wash and pat dry with paper towels.
- Pre-heat cooking oil to 350 degrees.
- Slowly add 1/2 of the wing pieces to hot oil; fry until golden brown.
- In the meantime, in a large pan, melt the butter on a very low heat.
- Add bottled hot sauce, brown sugar, paprika, salt, vinegar, cayenne and chili sauce; stir well; keep sauce warm.
- Add the cooked wings to the sauce.
- Stir to coat.