Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 8 large eggs, hard cooked
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tabasco brand habanero sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon creole mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped pickled habanero pepper (red pickled jalapenos ok)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- cayenne pepper
- Peel eggs and halve; scoop out yolks; place yolks in bowl and mash with fork.
- To yolks add mayonnaise, habanero sauce, salt, mustard, and chopped pickled habaneros (red pickled jalapenos are an ok substitute if you find habaneros too hot), mixing all together well.
- Using pastry bag fitted with large tip, or plastic bag with corner snipped out, pipe filling contents into hollowed-out egg whites.
- Sprinkle tops of filling with a generous amount of cayenne pepper.
- Don't even think about paprika.
I wasn't quite brave enough to adde the full amount of habanero sauce of habanero pepper. I added jalapeno instead and just a few dashes of the habanero sauce and the eggs were devilishly hot enough for me.