Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I just got tired of the same old egg recipe. My b/f said his mom added mustard to hers, so I combined hers and mine and this is what I came up with. When I take this anywhere, I come home with an empty plate. It does not include time to boil eggs. Makes 12 egg halves.
- 6 hard-boiled eggs (peeled and rinsed)
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 slices bacon (cooked crisp and crumbled)
- salt and pepper
- Split eggs lengthwise.
- Remove yolks.
- Put yolks into medium bowl.
- With fork mash well.
- Add mustard and mayonnaise.
- Mix well.
- Add bacon, cheese, and relish.
- Mix well--you may need to add a little more mayonnaise.
- Add sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Divide egg yolk mixture between egg whites.
- Arrange on egg platter or a nice plate.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Chill for 2 hours.
These were really good
I really enjoyed the recipe and had some great reviews at the Bridal shower I made them for - thanks! If I had to do it again, I probably would not add the sweet pickled relish though (which was optional in the recipe I know) Cheers!
Oh, my! Bacon and cheese and mustard! These are delicious! I used the optional pickle relish, but only 1 tbsp. I cut the bacon down to 2 slices and I thought it was perfect. Thanx for sharing. I'll use this recipe again for sure!