Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This super-simple 2-ingredient recipe is a Weight Watchers Fave! (1 Muffin, or 3 minis - 180 calories, 2.5g fat, 37 carbs, 2.5g, fiber, 2.5g protein - 3 WW points)
- 1 (18 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin
- Mix the two ingredients together. Don't add anything else that may be mentioned on the box, such as eggs, oil, or water. The mixture will be very thick and you will be tempted to add in other things to make the batter smoother. DO NOT DO THIS AS IT WILL RUIN EVERYTHING!
- Place batter into muffin tins (or mini muffin tins) lined with paper, or sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Makes 12 regular or 36 mini muffins.
I just made these 2 days ago following the recipe exactly. They were super easy. I found that mixing the batter up & down vs. in circles made it easier to mix on my wrist. I made 15 muffins and there's only 5 left so I guess my family enjoyed them. They came our really moist but for me just a little too bland. Next time I might add some vanilla or some cinnamon to the mix. Def making them again.
These are okay. A bit dry - I took them out at 15 minutes instead of 20, and I'll bake them even less next time. They also took some time to mix. The final "batter" is more the consistency of a stiff cookie dough, so much so that I'll consider rolling it in balls before baking next time to improve the shape of the finished product. All that said, you cannot beat the simplicity of this recipe, nor the improvement in nutrition over regular cake. We'll make this one again - might try with spice cake mix next time.
Really good, especially for folks who need a low-fat alternative but still want good chocolate flavor. I use stand mixer for ease of preparation. The pumpkin makes mixing somewhat challenging, mixer makes short work of it. Healthy, tasty, what more can you ask?