Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I created this to satisfy my cravings for each ingredient in the various gazpacho recipes I've tried over the years. I usually put two avocados in, but I admit to being a avo-holic. 2 hour cook time is for chilling.
- 5 large tomatoes, peeled and chopped (Tomatoes will peel easier if you add them to boiling water for 1 minute, remove, cool and peel.)
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato juice, v 8 is best
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 4 teaspoons cilantro, finely chopped and more for garnish
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 celery ribs, minced
- 1 avocado, diced
- coarsely ground salt & pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green peppers (optional) or 1⁄2 cup red pepper (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- Tabasco sauce (optional)
- PARTLY puree all ingredients except sour cream and 3/4 of avocado.
- Chill for at least 2 hours.
- Garnish servings with remaining avocado dice.
- May also be served with sour cream and a sprig of cilantro.